Monday, May 17, 2010

Tap Dancing Polar Bears Are a Yes.

Getting back into the morning run routine felt good after a whole weekend of gluttony. It may be my imagination, but I reckon I've definitely gained a little around my middle. Which is, you know not ideal but also not the end of the world.

What has bummed me out more so than a teeny tiny expanding waist was the death of my Mac. Well, rather the crash of the Tiger. My operating system finally gave in to the strain of the copious amounts of data I utilize, causing the operating system to freeze, restart, not load, freeze and then restart in an infinite loop. I plan to reboot the bugger tomorrow evening. When I have more time up my sleeve.

Tonight, Leila met me in the city for our exciting weekday evening out. Featuring seedy, cheap Asian food courts, a chat with Genevieve and the Wicked cast performing a one night only performance of Into the Woods.

And did I get a shock to find the who's who of amateur musical theatre packing out the Capital. Seriously, everywhere I turned there were people I knew, people trying to avoid me and people I was trying to avoid. Ah. such is the dramatic soap opera that is musical theatre. I should have thought to expect them all. But with a lack of facebook, I have been rather disconnected over the past few days.

The Performance went on forever. Not that it wasn't fabulous. There was an auction at half time and it seriously took 30 minutes to sell 3 items. They raised about 10k so, I guess it was worth the lack of sleep I suffered for [insert charity here].

Post performance in running for my near midnight train, I descovered that the M5 had closed down this week for tunnel construction which added an extra 30 minutes or so needless driving around greater Sydney. Not happy Jan.

My bed just wanted me to collapse. And so I did, with minimal crashing into walls and obscure objects left on the floor in the hallway.

Fruit of the Moment: china town cream in a cup

No comments:

Post a Comment