Monday, June 15, 2009

Avenue Queue


Avenue Q was YAY!

From the crappy animated opening, to the very cool set, GIANT Kate monster, to the exceptionally handsome Princeton/Rod. This was one top quality show to see.

It didn't have spectacle, and the show is a little bit one idea BUT it surpassed my expectations, and I found myself laughing at so many gags I already knew where coming.

Trekie performer looked like an original cast member who was overly bored onstage, while the lead looked a little too happy to be up on stage. I noted in the program its his Broadway debut.

Gary Coleman didn't reach the high note in shardenfreuder, but had this amazing slide vocal thingy she did in its place. OH! and the "even tho they're based on truth" part in racist was whispered, and the music was turned down. It made me lose it.

Im off to check out the Howie Michael Smith website. he he he.

Fruit of the Moment; Apple Juice in a can

No comments:

Post a Comment