Thursday, June 18, 2009

Toxic Awakening


The Toxic Avenger Musical was the best piece of musical theatre I have seen in a very long time. A Rock comedy that tore the house down!

With the original director of Urinetown at the helm, and music from the peeps of LOVE YOU, PERFECT, CHANGE. What can go wrong?

It had me rocking in my seat from the first power chord to the last guitar solo band encore. The audience loved it, the cast loved it and after the show I got to meet the original Pennywise (who played the mayor in this show) who, had spotted me in my seat during the show. It appears I may have been making quite a racket in the third row.

The show is about a nerdy toxic waste super hero, in love with a blind librarian who needs to prevent a crooked mayor from continuing to turn New Jersey into a (larger) toxic waste dump.


The cast of 5 all had rockin' solos worthy of allot of woopin' and cheerin'. The two ensemble characters titled simply "black dude" and "white dude" starred as Mitch Mahoney in Spelling Bee and Sammy in Wedding Singer respectively.

I gotta note here that its off broadway. The sound was pumpin, the set was super slick. The lighting was freaking AMAZING. This show fucking rocked!

Fruit of the Moment: Bleach. Common Household Bleach

1 comment:

  1. Loving your updates, Kenney. Loving your writing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete