Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Customise your own Everything

Greetings from Tuesday.

Today, I managed a proper "sleep-in" as I wasn't required to rush for rush tickets. I tried a chicken and apple sausage on the side of my Muesli at this quaint cafe "Penelope's". It was really charming. (as was the waitress)


I decided to go Museum trekking today, and caught the subway like a pro up to 89th street. Here I visited the NY Institute of Design (which is where the red chair comes from). Following this was the Guggenheim Museum next door (which is where the swirl staircase above comes from). I then visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which had this funky rainbow wall above.

After a full on day of Museums, I decided it was time to get confident about food. So, I hopped over to GRAND CENTRAL and revisted the Cranberry Cafe. Im getting a pro at food, and now know theres no tax on drinks, only deli.

Following this was a tour of hyperventilation. I descovered not only the DISNEY STORE NY, but also the NY APPLE Store?!?!?!
It was seriously too much for me to take....

So I went back to FAO Schwarz. And if theres one thing thats in abundance in New York... its choice! There, I found the Muppet Workshop Build your own What-Not factory.

This is what I made. He doesnt have a name yet, but I hope to introduce him to Yellow class as soon as I return!

Meanwhile, my mate Mike from yesterday's Next to Normal Rush ticket line returned the favour from yesterday and used his student card to get me a cheap ticket to tonight's BLITHE SPIRIT. So im off after this post!

Fruit of the Moment: Vanilla Pudding (which is what they call custard here, apparently)

1 comment: