Saturday, June 13, 2009

Its apparently easy being green

After waking myself up before my alarm clock could, i had one goal in mind:
HALF PRICE BROADWAY TICKETS.

So, I walk from W 17th street all the way to W 47 street... Which is more than your garden variety walk down George street.

Alas! no matinees today. However I found a three story store dedicated to M&Ms


This was one of the walls on level number 2. I manage to enter myself in the SHREK MUSICAL LOTTERY on the 'green' level 3 and score myself $26 front row tickets for tonight's show!

I decide to reward my good fortune with an inquiry at the GERSHWIN theatre as to WICKED ticket availability... not surprisingly the show is all but sold out. So i didn't mind paying a full price ticket for tomorrow's matinee. I could have risked the cheaper prices for their LOTTERY, but it could have left me OZless...


In place of a Matinee, I decide to watch PIXAR's new film UP! In 3D! On 42nd Street! It was awesome. And with a few tourist-y visits to
  • Macy's
  • 42nd Street
  • Starbucks
  • Ripley's Believe it or Not (see above photo of an albino giraffe)
  • NYC Library and
  • Barnes & Nobel
I wore out my feet and needed a recharge.

Fruit of the Moment? Kiwi Green

No comments:

Post a Comment