Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Next to Awesomeness


Next to normal is anything but normal. A soul punching, heart wrenching, slide splitting roller-coaster of emotion.

From start to finish, this show held me without letting go and shook me in my $25 rush seating.

Alice Ripley really is FEIRCE. We had the AMAZING understudy for the husband Dan. Natalie and Henry were superb. But the standout was Kyle Massey playing GABE. Just a knock out, both on the eyes and the ears. This was a rock musical and he ROCKED.

The show revolved around mother DIANA's mental breakdown over her family.

There hasn't been a show that's moved me this much since BLOOD BROTHERS. I was an emotional wreck come the closing of act one and don't even mention act two...

This is a ground breaking show that deserved all acclaim headed its way. Why it didnt get the Tony, I'll never know. The best so far on Broadway.

Fruit of the Moment: 2lb fruit salad for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment