Monday, June 22, 2009

Put on Your Sunday Clothes


Apparently, camp life is kinda full on.

I'm sorry to suggest it, but less frequent posts are an assured thing here at Buck's rock.

Since being welcomed by the rain (and even more rain) life has settled down. Im offically known as either Kenney to the Americans or Mr G to the international Staff.

Meals are sounded by the massive gong and Ive managed to enlist the assistance of a $9 alarm clock from our trip to WALLMART!!! (yes, it was an exciting night out for us Buck's Rock kind.) I managed to score some sneakers and a Lanyard for our Layout crew! I now feel at home because I have a name tag to wear.

My Muppet has been officially named Barnaby, and he has joined the staff here at Buck's Rock.

Im learning a lot about plates and how to really utilise CMYK colour, and its awesome. Im almost finnished with the camper's orientation handbook (It being Design and Layout's first big project before the kiddies arrive on Tuesday).

We had a whole staff challenge called Cutthroat Island yesterday and guess who manged to be the first camper out? Yes. Moi. It was okay tho, I got to watch eveyone else make a compelte fool of themselves.

We had the Coffee House performance night yesterday and I decided to give the "lunch is about the worst time of day for me" monolouge from Charlie Brown a spin. People thought it was awesome. I was so embarrised at the number of people who kept on coming up to tell me how great they thought I went... Even today, people were still giving thumbs up in passing. So I really cant express to you how awesome living with a whole lot of enthusiastically creative people actually is.

Been meeting alot of cool people and am working on remembering everyone's names.

The shop I work at is Publications or PUB for short. My layout buddy is Vanessa, my boss is emma and the print Guru is Bob. Today we filmed a parody of WILL IT BLEND? from Youtube for the camper's orientation VIDEO. It turned out a scream!

Tonight is the official 'Staff Party' and we get picked up in around an hour. Am interested in how long hicksville USA can cope with 150 odd drama peeps...

Camp is pretty much repedative here. So until I have something really interesting to note, i'll keep you all in the dark!

Fruit of the Moment: Purple Carrot Concentrate

No comments:

Post a Comment