Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A very busy birthday

Greetings from above. I had to make sure I really got the most out of my sister's birthday today (Happy Birthday!!!) So i went on TOURIST STEROIDS?!

I got up at early holidaying time of 7:30am so i could line up for NEXT TO NORMAL rush tickets. In line, i met a nice chap Mike from the middle of the country who is holidaying in NY with his sister Mindy and her fiancee. Since he could only get one extra rush ticket, I helped out and got the fiancee one aswell. We are all in a private box for this evening's performance!

Meanwhile, hes returning the favour by buying ME a student rush ticket for Blithe Spirit. (most shows only have student rush tickets)

RUSH TICKET: a ticket you pay $21.50 for, purchased on the same day of the performance. Often with crappy seating. Available with very few shows unless you're a studnent.


From here, I visited the New York Museum of Natural History. All I could think about as I traveled through 4 enormous levels was how much Glen would be geeking out at well, almost everything...

I even took the SUBWAY all by MYSELF! I was so proud.

I met these awesome guys Phil and Adrian in Times Square pushing pamphlets for a new musical, and we had lunch together at the Cranberry Cafe. They turned out to be an item, and bickered healthily through our lunch.

I asked Adrian if she knew where Mangolias was and she launched into her love afair with their Vanilla red velvet cupcakes.


So after sayin goodbye, I hoped across to the Rockafella Centre and purchased 2 Vanilla Red Velvets and hand delivered them to the pair to thank them for inviting me on their lunch break and to celebrate my sister's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUZAH!

I then returned to Rockafella Centre and took the official tour. It was awesome! The guide Vivian wouldn't stop talking about me and sydney and how we 'HAVE to visit here for Kenney' and 'as an australian YOU would appreciate' It was quite endeering. The sight see on the TOP OF THE ROCK was amazing.


It unfortunely BUCKETED down on my way home to the hotel and I sought refuge in a second hand VINTAGE fashion centre. I alomst lost myself in excitement. Jen, you would adore it! It was period costume heaven!

Anyhew, im off for NEXT TO NORMAL with Mike and Mindy.

Fruit of the Moment; Yogurt-Coated-Pretzels!

2 comments:

  1. thats not a fruit!!! :O

    your so awesome though..THANKYOU :)

    oi check out my blog...IM GOING TO LOSE 10KG haha

    ReplyDelete