Monday, June 15, 2009

Two Nobodies in New York

OMG! I found a friend in New York?!?! Courtney and I spent an amazingly awesome day together...

We had breakfast at the University Cafe (it wasn't actually at a uni, but insisted everything on the menu have an academia theme) and I had OMG pancakes... The bacon on the side made me remember what food tastes like.

I have not been eating really over here, as I've been well too busy to and too lonely to sit by myself in a restaurant. Well, our breakfast changed all this. I even had this AMAZING tall red glass of water and ice. It was really really nice. Seriously, the water here is just like Sydney. Actually, I think it tastes better. (Which is more than i can say for the smell of the streets)

We did some pretty awesome traveling around. I USED THE SUBWAY?!?! arrghh! it was a maze of confusing dots and numbers. I decided to leave it up to her PINKNESS to decide our journey. We went on the free Staten Island Ferry, and had a cool view of the Statue of Liberty.


We went the Brooklyn (the funky newtownish part) and visited the really nice Brooklyn Bagel Shop. Where you will all be glad to note, I tasted a bite of my first New York Bagel!

From here, We managed to visit this really AMAZINGLY cool toy store: FAO Schwarz. I had multiple orgasims as each floor gave way to exceedingly cool toys. I was like a kid in a candy store. Literaly.

Realising it was approaching 3pm and my Matinee, we dashed across town. Which was hard as it was Portorrican Day (like Australia Day) but with an enourmous fuck off parrade running down 5th Avenue, preventing anyone actually 'dashing' across it.

I still managed my matinee, and details are below.

Meanwhile, ive been making a habbit of taking off my shoes during a performance. Its
a) comfortable for someone dashing around town in boots, and
b) I can curl my socked feet around the chair legs infront.

Fruit of the Moment? Warm Blueberry Bagel

2 comments: