Saturday, June 13, 2009

SHREK: the verdict


Shrek, the musical based on the movie was a big surprise for me. Even without Sutton Foster...

Amongst the over abundance of toilet humor and contrast in big budget set with $2 junk store props, there was a heart to the show that really sent out a nice message.

"being different makes people special"

I laughed so hard when donkey pointed out that when they crossed the bridge, it was also like a metaphorical bridge symbolising their friendship. Of course, i was the only one laughing at that point.

So it wasn't strange for me to immediately place my producer hat on, to figure out how to accomplish the difficult set pieces on the Rockdale stage.

Fav moment? When the cast finnished the big dance break and I was less than 30cms away from one guys head in his floor finish pose. He breathing sugested he wasnt looking forward to getting up to to the exit dance.

If you're in NY, go to M&M building, get yourself a $27 ticket and enjoy the very front straining your neck row! Its a big bright beautiful wor-orld!

p.s. one of the cast members kept looking at me. I noticed it was the same one as I usually pick up on ensemble breaking character (which btw happened alot in this show)... I figured he was looking at my yoda tshirt, which got alot of comments today when out and about. So yeah.

Fruit of the Moment: Granola (which apperently is a fruit here)

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Got my ATA. No idea how to set it up. Have tried till my brain bled.
    No luck.
    Wish I was in a building for MM's.
    I am feeling a bit sad, so I might go and hold my present.
    Love Leila.

    ReplyDelete