Friday, December 10, 2010

Hang on, I just have to tell the dogs to stay outside

I wake up real early, maybe it's 5am? I don't know. In anycase, i've slept for an unusually long amount of time. First, I'm angry that I didn't pack for camping last night. Then I remember why I went to bed.

Feeling cheated out of this week's gossip girl, and in a better mood to start the day with, I give the go ahead with the episode and enjoy the awesome gossip girl goodness.

Ultimately, I am awaiting mum getting out of bed. Unresolved arguments have become second-hand nature to us now. Which is unfortunate. I feel that since returning from America, my grasp on standing up for myself has slid back into old patterns of letting small things insidiously wrap their way around my patience until it snaps like an exploding balloon in a Michael Bay film. The point is, i'm letting issues I have with my parents, among others, slide when I shouldn't.

As predicted, mum wakes up before I leave but we barely say two sentences to each other. I would have left much earlier had I of done my washing last night, but sleep it seemed, won me over earlier that anticipated.

Not really knowing who was turning up this weekend for sure, I head across country to Wombeyan Caves. To my knowledge, Glen and Leila were arriving this afternoon, while Louise and Brendan were joining us tomorrow. My phone reception ran out at around 3pm, and since no-one is here, I guess for some reason or other Glen and Leila were deterred. My clue to their absence was a single voice message I received from Glen earlier having doubts about joining.

I arrived to a deserted camping grounds. Ghostly really. It took a few hours before anyone started to arrive and even then, they were all headed to the opposite side of the park. So I get my chair, once the tent was erected and start devouring Stephen King's 'Cell'.

When it got cold, I relocated to my sleeping bag. When it got too dark, I wished I had bought a candle.

It is a bitter cold and restless night.

Fruit of the Moment: Veggie Pastie

No comments:

Post a Comment