Friday, December 3, 2010

Jeffrey Snarkbutter

I don't know were I was going when I woke up, but I knew it was near a beach and it was a house of some kind.

So after watching 2 episodes of The Walking Dead with some interjections from mother talking about the brain and how it works, I thought it was best to get going.

Four hours of driving later, I find Batemans Bay and Genevieve waiting at the door to stroke my shaved head for the first time. Gen, Leila and Glen were to share a weekend away with me at the beach-house.

For pasta supplies, Gen preferred Coles over Woolworths, which was fine before I discovered their lack of sticky date caramel cookies. Gen assured me that the suburb being what it was, I was not to expect too much from even chain stores.

When Leila and Glen arrived later due to an impromptu kite-surf on Glen's behalf, we all enjoyed the pasta. And given the state of everyone 2 hours later, I was sent as the only sober member out for the snacks Gen and I had neglected to acquire earlier.

The dire need of liquorice, coke, lemonade, chocolate, and strawberry sundae life savers was momentarily put on hold when everything was closed down the street. I replaced most of it with dominos pizza, although found a helping hand from the blasé counter bitch when he told me the location of the service station up the road.

Ice-cream and liquorice in hand, I drove the wrong way down main street to pick up the pizza as passers by called me by my apparent new alias: roper stomper.

Everyone was really happy I was back, as I was told they missed me while I was out. This seemed more important somehow than the food I brought back; which everyone ate with pleasure.

Fruit of the Moment: Glum Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment