Thursday, December 2, 2010

patoodie?

Bless my soul. I really love that rock and roll.

I got myself a day of teaching at Justin and Tuneil's school. Which was great for my bank account. But golly gosh, was it a trial and a half. The kids, while not difficult at all were just so childish. The day was more than a little frustrating with kids crying over not being able to tie up their own shoe laces. Really. And these are 9 year olds. Not a kid stayed still for 30 seconds the entire day. It was a little too much really. Not that it wasn't a walk in the park as a casual day, just so god dam tedious with their relentless refusal to act as a class unit.

Highlight of the day is when in the staffroom I told Justin I had something to tell him.*

The lights dim film noir style, he lowers his voice, and Jerry Bruckheimer's it up with a cloak and dagger "is it okay to talk about here?" response. There was even an OTT dramatic score on top of a tracked zoom shot and everything! Or maybe that was the movie in my head.

No more on that. Tonight was christmas tree night. Dad and I put up the tree and there it stays. We haven't put a single decoration on any branch. But it's standing tall and straight. Good enough for me to continue with the abundance of television i've acquired.

Fruit of the Moment: watch battery
*which for the purposes of suspense will remain a MacGuffin

No comments:

Post a Comment