Thursday, December 9, 2010

You're not going to tell anyone about that weird black woman are you?

When you get a call from Casual Direct and they ask if you would LIKE to work at a specific school, you know something is up. Usually, they just ask if you are free to work and then place you. But this morning, I was asked if I would like to work at Sarah Redfern Primary on year 6. Not seeing this as much as a problem, I kept calm and carried on.

It was excellent to therefore, have my confidence tested when executive after executive kept wishing me luck with the day. One even when as far as telling me I wouldn't be able to handle it and promptly rearranged my schedule to take a kindergarten class instead.

Not that I'm complaining. I just scored the world's easiest casual day ever. Kindergarten team teaching with 50% of kids away. Yes please.

After work, I managed to travel around Campbelltown on various errands.

Which wore me out something fierce.

I was looking forward to watching Gossip Girl, but a serious row about what I wanted for my birthday* with mum left me in a foul mood. So I watched The Event instead.

And went promptly to bed at 7:40pm for a nap, or what observers would later call a 10 hour rest session. Apologies for everyone who sent me a txt last night.

Fruit of the Moment: Vanilla Malt
*This is why I didn't want anything for my birthday. My ideas are always too complicated or poor in timing or too expensive. If I want complicated, expensive or difficult and you're not prepared, able or in the financial position to do that, then I don't want a substitute. The gesture is insulting.

No comments:

Post a Comment