Saturday, December 18, 2010

... should i refrigerate the money then?

It's not often that I see or spend time with my grandmother. So last night I suggested we go out, just the two of us for a breakfast or a coffee or something to eat. We ended up at the Campbelltown Art Gallery. Which turned out to be so good that we also had breakfast dessert, which is just like regular dessert but at breakfast time.

Later, we picked up a speaker system for mum at Dick Smith Electronics and moseyed around Campbelltown Mall before having what Donut King called an "ice coffee" but what I called ice-cream in a cup.

When we got home, we prepared for the party that evening by making sure the food was cut and ready for serving. Then the guests started to arrive. It was one of those parties where everyone had partners. Everyone had their husband or their boyfriend with them.

Parties often make me feel anxious about not having a partner. It's like there's another thing in your life you're not good at on display for all the other people who have managed to get it together and perform in the couples olympics.

Not having much Christmas spirit, I disengaged with most of the event, preferring to spar with this guy over a gingerbread tardis and cryptic sentences that made several obscure pop culture references but made little sense.

Even after everyone had gone home, I managed to clean up most of the garbage, wash up and attend to my blog wile the four remaining party animals loudly drank their remaining cups away.

Fruit of the Moment: Sweet Potato Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment