Sunday, February 21, 2010

Did Everyone pick up their complimentary Earphone Set?


My second day of Melbourne was much better than yesterday.

Partly due to the late wake up, partly due to all the shopping, and partly due to the im-coming-home-soon feeling.

Whilst in America, a camp buddy Vee, bought several thousand kilos of books. Upon realisation that she had to spend over $150 to ship it home, I volunteered my extra bag on the flight home. However, she lives in Melbourne. Now. This was last August. Vee is still globetrotting. Go her. So i had arranged for someone to pick up the bags if i brought them down. (A lift from or to the airport would have been a nice thank you)

After finding out that my efforts in bringing down Vee's luggage from Sydney was not fruitful on saturday as my contact who was picking up the package then said it would be, I made a few angry sms' and found that Vee's parents were quick to pick up the peices and rescue their daughter's bag from my hotel's lobby. Thankless as always, I remained without a lift back to the airport.

I shopped through the Markets this morning and purchased around $100 worth of fabric to make Leaf Coneybear's outfit for my upcoming Spelling Bee musical.

I also managed to find myself a pretty cool WONKA shirt.

My highlight and saving grace of Melbourne turned out to be a trip to Hoyts where I watched SHUTTER ISLAND. Such a cool film. But I could have watched it here. (in sydney) Luckily, the Healthy Habits sandwich shop in the food court adjacent served Gluten and Wheat free bread.

After another disappointing performance from FURIOUS MATTRESS (above)

The airplane trip home was as brief as the one arriving. Except this time, I stayed awake for the safety instructional video.

Fruit of the Moment: Lightly Sparkling

No comments:

Post a Comment