Saturday, February 13, 2010

Your shirt made me smile at museum :)


Today, I took my Aunt to see Spring Awakening. I thought it would be a pretty awesome xmas gift and it turned out to be an awesome fun filled day.

a) i had forgotten to feed the dogs yesterday, so I guess Bridgette is pissed off somewhat.

b) I wasnt ready to go into town by 10am... So, my aunt did her makeup while waiting 30 minutes for me to pack my bag.

Our adventures included a trip to the David Jones Food Hall, where i found a haven of salads to select from. And We had on the go coffee to walk up from David Jones to the Sydney Theatre Company Main Stage.

The Show? I really liked it. The theatre was far too large for the show's intimate nature, but i was practically in the front row anyway and had around 5 moments where different cast members were intensely staring me down. So that worked nicely.

But the accents? wow.
AUSSIES:
A Chae-dow pAREsed, A Chae-dow pARSEd, yarning yarning !?!?
pulease!

SOUNDTRACK:
A shadow PASSed, A shadow PASSed, YERNing YEARNing

In any case, most of the crazy mother fucker artisic directing shit was well digested by myself.
The hand held lights, symbolic clothing, werd choreography, everyone staying on stage etc.. all very cool I thought.

The high notes were totally skipped over by all cast members. Very dissapointing. But, it's real AWESOMENESS was in the Lighting Design. SO amazing. SO pretty.

Later, I tried to score tickets to WICKED with their lottery. I fail blogged it. And lost the game.

So, now im waiting to see THE WOLFMAN and NINE before staying over at Gens for the shoot tomorrow.

Fruit of the Moment: Figtree

No comments:

Post a Comment