Friday, January 8, 2010

When the Pawn hits the Conflicts he thinks like a King


Click above to read Kenney's email of the week

You know whats retarded? Getting egg on your face when not making an omlette.

Today I got a phone call from a dear friend saying she was arguing with her husband and that things were not fun. This was a little concerning because i was visiting them later in the day, and i didn't want it to turn into WWIII. The point of the call was to persuade me to 'ask' her to cook a meal she wanted in order not to cause waves as her husband does not eat said VODKA PASTA (try it btw, its delicious).

This was all well and good, because another vegetarian friend was joining us, and it was the only thing she could think of to cook for us (appart from her husband).

My omelette began when I decided I would surprise her with buying some groceries and cooking a new vegetarian meal i had discovered and wanted to try out. I figured if it all went to shit, we'd have the yogurt and cheese and chocolate i also bought. Also, it could be a new meal to add to our one meal repertoire.

Having really surprised her upon arrival, she not only decided to criticize the quality of the Woolworths groceries I bought, she went on to say that she wouldn't eat whatever it was i was making.

Now, let us pause here, constant reader, as i need to explain as a general rule my friend never trusts my cooking. And i consider myself to have more than acceptable culinary skills. In fact, often i come up with some pretty neat ass stuff. (among some dismal failures, but hey thats where experimenting gets you.

My new recipe was Mexican Buritos with Sweet Potato & bean stuffing. I had similar with pumpkin and thought THIS would be BETTER with sweet potato.

In any case she decided that it was best to air her thoughts on my purchases, and say i wasnt allowed to do this ever again without asking first.

I guess my assertive alarm sounded and aggressively said "Fine. then you cook dinner." i also replied to contesting with something along the lines of stop speaking, im done here and left the kitchen.

Her day got worse and she left with my other vegetarian friend who was desperately torn between the two of us.

Its just so godarnfrustrating.

I spent the night with her husband, and spent more money on takeout. He jokingly sugested mexican, and the "i'm not laughing face" had him backing off several meters. We had Thai and played Gin Rummy.

Fruit of the Moment: Coconut juice

No comments:

Post a Comment