Sunday, April 25, 2010

But, candles aren't flamable

My 5 miles of Campbelltown scenery this morning was coupled with an overcast sky and a light drizzle. The weather not being very accommodating, it was difficult to call such a grey, rainy day Sunday. Also I found leaves to be much wetter when I ran into low hanging trees along the side of the road.

There were less cars than I would have thought for an ANZAC morning. Perhaps their users were all too busy inside the various open bars, RSLs and pubs around the city.

I had left around 1 hour to pack for four days of backpack living. Apparently that wasn't enough, and I left over an hour late to attend a rehearsal for the Arcadian's Contemporary Musical Theatre Workshop.

The day was a complete mixed bag. What I most despise about musical theatre is the standing around waiting for nothing to happen. Rehearsals you see, often result in your waiting around for an hour only to be rewarded with 10 minutes of work. This definitely was the case today. Luckily, the performance is next week and practice now is on my own time, which is just peachy.

At short notice, I was informed my bedroom at Leila's was to be given away to a visiting interstate Aunt who was in need of some TLC. I meanwhile will look forward to sleeping on the amazingly comfortable red couch. All I have to worry about is fighting my Godson for space.

I once again had Risotto for dinner. Leila made pumpkin risotto after I had stupidly thrown away her entire celery supply, placing our Catan game on hold while she went to Woolworths to yield some more. Actually, what I really had was a large spoonful of Risotto and half of my pre-cooked Friday night pasta.

Once the dinner was complete, and the chestnuts were shelled and consumed, Catan was resumed and Leila won. Its funny how I continue to love this game, regardless of my consistency in anti-winning.

Fruit of the Moment: Exploding Chestnut

No comments:

Post a Comment