Saturday, April 17, 2010

Look, I love the art Deeco of this place


Horay for fabulous days! [And for Fabulous Raspberry Pies my sister makes].

After this weeks pile of utter shite (excluding Tuesday of course), I needed a reason to keep on working, living or generally doing things.

So, if you are ever in need of pulling me out of depressing rut, please complete the following:

STEP THE FIRST
Wake up early for an abdominal ultrasound to test for kidney stones, arriving 40 minutes early to amend a $125 blood test bill that wasn't bulk billed to medicare for some reason.

STEP THE SECOND
Forget that it is Dad's birthday and have an amazing morning conversation with him and a shared coffee post his need to contribute to his daughter's home by whipper-snippering bi weekly.

STEP THE THIRD
Get ready for Ada's 30 minute flyby Midday Wedding by realising that a) I didn't own any black socks and b) my shirt I bought in January in now miles to large for me.

STEP THE FORTH
Attending said wedding in size 32 pants (omigosh!? SIZE THIRTY FUCKING TWO?!) and standing around like a turtle doing its thang. The dresses were beautiful and Leila wore her fabulous shoes.

STEP THE FIFTH
Invite Leila and Glen back to house for lunch as there was all of three fish canapes circulating at the wedding, go about my domestic clothes folding/house tidying duties and deciding on a fabulous night out to dinner.

STEP THE SIXTH
Playing Settlers of Catan with said awesome friends and getting my sister in on the game. It was Such an AWESOME game of CATAN. It went for longer than usual, as Louise was being quite the competitive competitor for a newbie to the very complicated game. Glen and Louise felt anxiety for its longer than usual game time, most liked due to Louise's sleep over guests having arrived half way through.

STEP THE SEVENTH
Go to Outback Steakhouse and wait around trying to decide what to order from a restaurant that serves meat as its drinks. Fortunately for me and my wonderful, wonderful Leila who insisted that I was lactose intolerant (to avoid them serving me anything douced in butter, cream or cheese) I got me a serving of vegetables and amazing BBQed mushrooms.

STEP THE EIGHTH
Visit MONDOS to watch Glen and Leila eat Gelato. Delicious Gelato. I enjoyed my vicarious adventure in desserting. On a sad note, the bathroom lighting pointed out how gaunt I am currently looking. It concerned me for the first time in my whole diet.

Fruit of the Moment: Boutique Wedding Cake Pistachio Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment