Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wait... I have a thought [tofu]


Diary of a Cereal Cooker:

Last night, after having waved Leila and Glen back to the Gong, I set about the task to create the glorious Rocky Road Chocamudcake that's been swimming around my brain for the past week or so. And after the trouble below, we came up with the image above.

Having begun by cleaning up after Louise's sleepover Pie bake-off, it set me back around 50 minutes. Not that I was bitter, as cleaning is super satisfying, but I realised at 12:30 as I started to melt the dark cooking chocolate that this was to be an all nigher.

And apart from the addition of making ANZAC BICKIES and the cake overflowing in the oven 1 hour into the bake forcing me to spoon out scolding hot chocolate into a handy nearby cup to prevent the electric elements from a chocolate suffocation; It went smoothly. I left everything to cool at around 4am and set down for 3 hours sleep.

7am came and my harvest gave me a beautifullly cool canvas in which to smother in marshmellows, cherries, crushed walnuts and Dark Gooey Chocolate.

I continued my baking trend with a bakery treat for Dianna and Bridgette; Post Sleep Over Morning Banana Pancakes with Gelato and Honey.

And NEWS FLASH: I have finally increased my cereal intake from 35g to 60g. WOWZERS. I got to my first piece of fruit (which was meant to become 2 pieces) and couldnt hack even one whole banana. But I managed. So god dam delicious!

Today, the food that I consumed continued to snowball out of control: like a snowball that gathers green moss... or some shit like that.

Yogurt, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Bocchini, Onion, Seed Loaf from Bakers Delight, MASSIVE green salad, muesli bar, Thai veggie chili soup and Tofu pumpkin basil chili stir fry with Rice. So much food overload I am stil busting at the seams.

In an excellent and surprising turn of events, Mum and I had a great day together. Which, honestly had worried me given we hadn't seen each other since last Saturday. But Dad was in excellent sorts. And he really REALLY loved his surprise BBQ we threw for him, complete with giant balloons, wrong sized socks and special guests Erwin and Maureen.

Louise also caught the Catan bug yesterday and actually went to buy the game this afternoon after the party had died down. She celebrated her purchase by winning her first game. Congrats to Louise. Now, if only there could be some kind of giant combined CATAN championship with two boards, a whole load of spare time and no mercy. Jonathan, Leila, Glen: I'm looking your way...

After all the cooking, cleaning and lack of sleep I am domestically and mentally exhausted. Lets get back to work tomorrow shall we?

Fruit of the Moment: Bleeding Raspberries

No comments:

Post a Comment