Friday, April 30, 2010

Seriously, don't sweep

When setting out into the world this morning I had expected not to return home until Sunday evening. I was not correct in that assumption. The mindless rush of packing flustered my otherwise calm morning, and the surprisingly empty freeway prepared me for an AMAZING cup of coffee that concerningly put a pocket rocket in my grumpy pants and turned my frown upside down.

Today at work, I confirmed that it has not been my lack of skills or talent that has gotten me ill favour with some of the brand managers. Today, I managed to see a work so blindingly beautiful crafted by a contracted outsider shot down for being shite.

I looked at the commissioned work and had to admit, it was stunning. An amazing improvement on the original (that we had borrowed from an overseas brand) and yet still it was not good enough. This tells me two things: I do amazing work, and it is put down all the time, thus my disillusion that I am untalented.

Today, however I start to remake the design from scratch. It was an impossible task for one day. SO impossible that when quittin' time came and I had not completed the work, I managed to slip out unnoticed as everyone readied themselves for the Monday office trip to Asia. It shall be quiet without anyone next week.

This evening, I managed to book into Isobel's Salon for a much needed haircut. Driving all the way down to Wollongong for the snip, I had expected a post hair cut dinner with Glen and Leila. Unfortunately, it was not to be. Such sadness. Isobel however was quick to offer a place at her new pad with Tyson and Nico watching SHOCK TREATMENT (sequel to THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW). Let me tell you, it was pretty nifty. Insane, and not as awesome as ROCKY, but the production design was a wet dream.

I must have appeared rude when I decided to jot off on back to good ol' Campbelltown instead of staying at Isobel's... But I rationalised that my bed along with a darkened room could equal a shit load of sleeping in tomorrow. Here's hopin'

Fruit of the Moment: 10pm cheat-a-thon

No comments:

Post a Comment