Monday, April 5, 2010

Sound horn at blind corners

Waking up and continuing my regular exercise program was never REALLY on the cards these holidays. I was sticking to the food, but dammit, it was Fucking cold at Wombeyan Caves.

Sorry to disappoint you all with a lack of visual spectacle, but I come to you from a convenience store in Double Bay, which is nearing its close time, and thus becomes rather INconvenient.

This morning Louise hustled the troupes into packing up mode while Brendan and I managed to pack our cars with all the loot. Okay, so Brendan did all the heavy lifting. But I played a neato game of tetris with the items. We left before Tim and Grant, later hoping Grant's car could successfully start Tim's engine which was drained of all battery from last nights "LETS USE TIM'S HEADLIGHTS TO SEE" game.

I slept much better last night, but there was less of it. And our hero was reluctant to go to sleep as the fire from the night before had him drowsy and content.

Driving home, I discovered how slow Brendan can actually drive. Granted the road actually wasn't a road, just a place where the rocks had been driven over more often... still, cars were being distinctly angry at us on the narrow unpassable one lane track. Seriously, Mum had told us not to go the alternate route home, because it really was 55KM of dirt roads. Instead of 80Km of doubling back on highways. I'd say, it evened out in the end. I'd go the Golburne way in the future. More antique stores :)

I was glad to get back to good old bitchumen. Arriving home before Louise, I had time to fully appreciate the wonders of a long, hot shower before discovering my clothes smelt like some seedy pub from the Cross, thanks to all the fire smoke.

And I barely had time to think before jotting off to my first LOVESONG rehearsal in Double Bay at Genevieve's apartment. It went well, but for far too long. AND no one enjoyed the hot cross buns. Oh well, I shall try them at work tomorrow, and we shall see then.

A good weekend ended with a good (but brief thanks to Glen) conversation with Leila. Soon, there will be more Catan. Soon.

Fruit of the Moment: Half Price Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment