Thursday, April 15, 2010

What does prominently mean?

Noteworthy of interest: my spleen tried to escape its cozy inner body casing this morning as I jogged past McDonald's. Seems it was not happy with its current rent conditions and wished to rip a wall down to make way for a more open plan living apartment.

Unfortunately, the agony I suffered prevented me from completing the 5miles this morning, although in a futile attempt at reaching my goal, I jogged for at least another two while writhing in pain.

If it wasn't for that gosh darned thingamabobs I had to... [HEY!? the word 'thingamabobs' is recognised by Firefox as an actual word!]... I had to finish, I'd be calling up sick for the second time this week. My car ride to work was more of the same fun painful attempts by some lower organ to wriggle its way out of its casing. I guess there's not much room inside anymore. You have to expect this when you charge the same rent for a reduced space.

Last night, I was so angry at myself for two reasons:

a) I cheated on the diet and ate a bodywise muesli bar AND a pear for late night snack instead of picking one of them.

and

b) I was mad that I had gotten worked up about eating an additional piece of fruit. Like its such an unhealthy thing to do... I may as well call off the WHOLE diet now; its RUINED!

After work (which was slow and painful in the Chernobyl stomach kind of way) I managed to drag myself up to East Gardens Shopping Center to buy some pants for Ada's Wedding, Dad's Birthday Present and the Fruit for my famous It's-So-Moist-It's-Dirty-Christmas-Fruit-Cake, which I'll need to start tomorrow because I've neglected to restock my store of both mixed spice AND nutmeg. OH! and some slippers for myself too :)

Fruit of the Moment: Dutch Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment