Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Characters similar to Bean

Fabulous food for thought.

I set myself a task while setting out this morning at sunrise for my 5mile run. I was undecided if I was unwell enough to take a sick day. The resolve after 3.5miles was; yes.

However along such short lived run, I passed a number (I counted 7) of expensive looking Double Bay cafes. It took me three seconds to work out a rough plan of how to recuperate after what seemed like a most traumatic experience.

A day of restauranting. A day of applying my horrifically difficult diet to an assortment of cafes and eateries. Genevieve received the honour of choosing the first outing to breakfast. What she chose so beautifully was INDIGO.

Here, there was the exciting option of an egg white omelette. With it, mushroom, spinach, tomato and Rye toast. Genevieve's French Toast still looked more appetising. The Omelette turned out to be an enormous beast, invading most of the over-sized cafe plate it occupied. I managed to eat a third of it along with two long blacks. It was delicious.

In anycase, ringing into to work was the hardest thing I had to do today (especially since I had only yesterday applied for two weeks paid leave). But when you have had the past two days I've had; you need to recoup. And recoup I did.

I made a bee line down the highway to Wollongong, listening to NEXT TO NORMAL as it
a) reminds me of Buck's Rock and
b) it is simply fabulous and as a result put me in a fabulous mood.

Glen, eating his wheat related cereal bites was rather stunned to see my car Beybaloo rock up his driveway and he quickly ushered me up to his shed to show off the amazing set he has finished for LOVESONG. The bar he made yesterday for under $20 was simply perfect.

In an act of self healing, I offered to clean the kitchen as it was one of his chores to finish for the day. So while Glen vacuumed, washed clothes and tidied the house... I set to work polishing, wiping and cleaning dishes in a merry and somewhat cheery disposition. Somewhat not unlike Marry Poppins and her exploits in the Nursery cleaning department.

It felt so cleansing to clean, I'm sure Leila would enjoy more visits of this nature from me. (Currently she is calmly knitting her latest garment next to me, not plaintively as she correctly pointed out. Unfortunately it seems the last three rows have to be now unstitched...)

So my next step was to secretly invite myself to lunch with Leila. Glen rang to organise a visit, and we were to go to RELISH ON ADDISON. And after enjoying the warm morning sun watching Glen dissemble and reassemble a bike shed he is building, we get out the bike gear and ride his Motorbike to Leila's work. FUCKING AWESOME RIDE.

Leila I trust was surprised after I arrived in tow behind her husband.

Unfortunately, RELISH was a gorgeous restaurant for people not on crazy diets. My selection therefore, turned out so so. Roast vegetable and rocket Pide. I had asked the waiter not for any butter or oil. Despite this, the rocket was drenched in what Leila assured me was the basil pesto oil. *sigh* Leila's Chocolate fondant looked and smelt positively orgasmic. And I believe it was. The long black was not fabulous, but fine.

On the ride home, Woollies provided a much needed loaf of bread and yogurt restocking. A tomato toasty replaced my lack of lunch.

This evening, was VIETCAFE, and a whole load of orders:
The vegetarian soup was loaded with salty mushroomy eggy goodness
The rice-paper rolls were crisp, fresh and awesome.
and the Choy Sum with Oyster sauce were just the greens I needed.

Photography genius Jonathan visited us for dinner, and for our night of gaming we played two EXCITING rounds of SETTLERS OF CATAN. I continued my losing trend, but I also continued my enjoyment of the game. Its pretty awesome. Jonathan claimed a monopoly on the night winnings. Along with most of Leila's milky lollies. My final long black happened to be just chill :)

And for all the turmoil that has happened, I feel ready to face my week with large thanks to the New Zealand gang. Lets go back there soon.

Fruit of the Moment: Fish Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment