Friday, April 2, 2010

He accepts all offers. I mean, they have to ask him first.


What do you do with the first day off in a very long time?

Bake :)

Today became all about the kitchen. I surrendered my hands to the kneading needs of my Hot Cross Bun Dough and let myself swim in an ocean of domestic bliss.

So so so satisfying. Here are my buns before they rose:


Hot Cross Buns, Monte Carlos and for dinner? Tomato & Chill Reduced Sauce Pasta.
I even used an entire roll of Handee Towel Paper cleaning as I went.
I also managed to clean out the fridge of all it's out of date stock.

Here are my apricot jam glazed Hot Cross Buns:


For one half of the yield, I threw in some cherry Brandy. So Mummies only, okay?

I felt so immersed in craft today that I completely forgot to pack for camping tomorrow. Which is my next task after the blog. I've only just taken off the apron.

Tangent: Mum watched INTO THE JUNGLE today.

And was fawning over Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "amazing physique".
I was like ...The Rock is meh in comparison to Sean William Scott.
Mum was like ...wa? yo fool, yo crazy ass.


UNTIL of course she was watching the bonus features on the DVD. Mr Scott decided to wade shirtless down some water rapids to set up a shot. Needless to say, she now agrees with me.


On an amazing note, LOVESONG has now been completely cast. And in an adventure of facebook stalking, I have cut together a panel showing off our cast:


We start our first rehearsal on Monday evening. I've only JUST realised I haven't printed enough scripts. But, with mine and Gen's laptop serving as an impromptu Kindle, we should just about manage.

Fruit of the Moment: Black Feet

2 comments:

  1. Lock your doors and windows. Jess is on her way over to steal your buns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess can steal my buns any day :)

    also, I used $30 of vanilla bean mix today (2 teaspoons)

    ReplyDelete