Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mention that I'm pregnant okay?





Once again, I come from the electricity deprived darkness that is the Wombeyan Caves Camping Grounds. (Well, once again I TYPE out for your convenience what I wrote there)

Last night, I could not sleep. So, so so much coldness, combined with the insanely loud snores from Grant's tent and the impending morning exersise gave me very little comfort on my "why-did-i-use-this" air matress.

My back woke up stiff and pained, and my limbs were like ice.

A midnight pee adventure prompted me to retrieve the spare sleeping bag from Beybaloo, my car. The rain convinced me to abandon exercise plans and I finally "slept in" until 8am, by which time, everyone was already awake and kicking.

The Hardest part of my day was being around people in holiday eating mode. The Easter Sunday chocolate rolled freely and the snacks were consumed with reckless abandon. My diet kept me in check, cut in normal circumstances food would have been my enemy.

A guilty confession, at my 4pm snack, I ate a piece of fruit AND 2 rye cruskits. I am so wicked right? (pffft! sad pandas for diets)

Even more depressingly - no one ate my hot cross buns :( Louise didn't like the one she tried and when no one else wanted to touch them i was internally crying in despair until Brendan's impromptu 4pm bun craving. His report was favorable, and I hope honest.

We checked out the self guided Cave walking tour today when all the "adults" had departed to head home, and i fell quite easily into teaching mode listing the differences between stalactites and stalagmites (Stalactites hold on tight to the ceiling you see)
Everyone was also interested in the ways a cave had been formed by hundreds of yoears of water carving through the sandstone.

I also managed to read through LOVESONG in preparation for tomorrow's first rehearsal.

But Christ! Today was bitterly cold. I drank so much coffee and coffee and tea, the frequent trips to the bathroom were given.

My manly evening task was constructing the fire. Something, I felt I had a firm grasp on (having gathered many bundles of kindling from the surrounding roads and building up a beautiful pyramid...). Tim however seemed to find my efforts unsatisfactory, chucking a shit load of wood ontop of my structure ruining my 30 minutes of "manliness" while everyone enjoyed their poker game. Bitter Much?


After the fire died down AGAIN from the small setback, I spent about an hour building it up again. Successfully, might I add. And by nightfall, the glowing embers were once again covered with a pile of wood that could have built a small cub house by Tim. This time the whole thing went up and we had an enormous bonfire of warmth. Still, Bitter Much?

There was something incredibly satisfying however cooking my soup over the (pre enormous bonfire) fire I had made. everyone else employed Louise's stove to make chops, sausages and/or pasta.


Overall, a great relaxing day of camping full of Easter Sunday awesomeness and a Cluedo win for Kenney (Colonel Mustard with the Spanner in the Study)

Fruit of the Moment: White Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment