Saturday, April 24, 2010

Increased my Geek Cred


Apparently when you have an abdominal ultrasound for reasons that are not explained to you by your doctor, there is some kind of universal understanding that states scans are to be picked up in advance by you prior to revisiting the doctor for the results they wanted.

In addition to this, vaccinations for various immunizations required for overseas travel actually cost $80+ a hit. That's a whole lotta mula for all those pesky viruses.

Also, when you ask WHY you are getting these scans and paying for these vaccinations you were told you had to get without explanation, doctors will look at you like you have

a) spoken a language forien to them (or possibly made up dialect given their chances of knowing a forien language to be relatively high. You know, because they're smart). And

b) acted wrongfully and rudely

Im so glad I got to (therefore) spend the remainder of my day parading around Peters of Kensington with my sister. I got to induct Louise into the wonder that is that store. Luckily she did not spend upwards of $80 on Vera Wang Stationary, instead opting for the heart shaped pie dish. A wise investment.

I was rather taken aback however when for lunch at their overpriced cafe when I was not allowed to order a sandwich because it was not on the menu. And "the chef does not take special orders when we are busy" But I DID manage to modify their club sandwich after establishing they were out of vegetarian wraps.

My order of a club, without butter and with multigrain bread, toasted instead of fresh, without pesto, oils or any meat and extra salad. The waitress looked at me and said after this very long and painful quest for a salad sandwich: "Why don't i just get you a salad sandwich?"

My knowledge of modern etiquette told me that to answer with "Because, you Fucking incompetent underpaid lackey; YOU informed me that this was an impossibly difficult task for Chef to acheive." was not the correct course to pursue.

I merely smiled of course and said "that would be perfect." Louise was relieved she wasn't going to be eating alone. I really am high maintenance.

Such is overpriced service now-a-days.

This evening after whipping up a vegetarian feast in the kitchen, Louise and I threw an early birthday for Glen with servings of Bruschetta, Cheese and Mushroom Risotto. I also made Hazelnut Cupcakes for Leila and A White Chocolate Raspberry Butter Cake for the lighting of candles.


And here is the best news of the day: The Mushroom Risotto tasted FABULOUS. And I know for a first hand account! I had three whole scoops of that mountain of deliciously cheesy piled goodness and could have no more. The butter was an ingredient that my mouth could isolate like a lost friend whom it was very glad to see. There was much embracing.

Once again, Our Catan night was superiffic. Glen even WON a game. I, meanwhile continued my not winning strategy which is luring everyone slowly into a false sense of superiority. Mwah ha ha har....

Fruit of the Moment: Delicious Delicious Butter

No comments:

Post a Comment