Friday, May 7, 2010

Can you close the doors from the outside?


Friday, I got Monday on my mind.

This evening I caught up with the rest of the world and watched HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON in "eye popping" 3D.

Once again, I will state that 3D is not needed. Its currently a pointless aesthetic that everyone's grabbing at. That said, the 3D in DRAGON was quite decent.

I think what really had me here, the selling point if you will was the Chris Sanders. The Chris Sanders brought this beautiful retelling of the ugly duckling into a breathing reality. True, the main character of Toothless resembles his previous box office winner Stitch, but so do all his characters.

This movie hit all the right chords for me. With two outcasts coming together and forming a co-dependency that strengthens them and the world around them, the tears were in no short supply. The beautiful themes of companionship, love and being true to one's self just ate away at my loneliness and left me with a yearning for a bond such as that of Hiccup's and Toothless.

Fruit of the Moment: New Mustard

No comments:

Post a Comment