Sunday, May 16, 2010

You had made out with this guy in Engalnd and It somehow pissed me off. The POINT is;


As cold as yesterday's morning frost was, today drove home the gold medal in making it extra welcoming for those of us who like our eyelids frozen shut.

Louise actually picked up a ball of frost to form a snowball. It hit Noah. There was much excitement.

So as I was settled and ready for a good 20 minutes of sleeping in my toasty warm double sleeping bag, Louise and Brendan started to poke around the fireplace in the sub zero temperatures prompting me to arise. Good thing I did too. First order of business was to say "Screw this for a joke, I'm headed to the communal kitchen".

Never having inspected the building down the road, I was beside myself with joy, then exasperation when I discovered it provided free access to a clean microwave and instant hot water! INSTANT PEOPLE?! It cast a dark cloud on my efforts of 30 minute noodles the night previous. I gave a squeal and quickly awoke Tuneil and Justin, getting them to attend our Sunday Morning Breakfast Sans Frost along with additional Buttery goodness. The combination of the lack of frost indoors and the smell of butter slowly cooking our eggs, bacon, toast, tomatoes and such was a welcomed start to our Sunday.

It was so welcoming. As was the Sun which had by the end of breakfast (which included Louise's spectacular triumph over Noah's tantrum for his dinosaur cup/orange juice) arrived once again to thaw out the winter carpet. Ah, the circle of life.

We just sat there, slowly burning our skin and having no one or nothing to answer to besides the three empty packets of sultanas that had somehow formed next to me.

Eventually, Brendan and Louise had to depart for a funeral back home, leaving the rest of us to very slowly pack up the campsite. And we did so a a leisurely pace. Having won at that game, we moved onto the next game called Lunch.

I had barely stopped eating since breakfast. I just kept at the food. I found some kind of need to continue. Just call me mentally deranged. Post our no cutlery/plate luncheon, I taught Justin and Tuneil how to play CATAN. No prizes for knowing that Justin won. He's good at doing that. As he proved the night before.


We waved goodbye to Wombeyan as I used the jumper cables in my car to kick-start Tuneil's drained battery. And I made an hours pit stop in Bargo to pick up a massive 50 meter ream of paper off my Aunt for LOVESONG, and have a quick tour of the new renovations. I only wish I had more time to spend catching up.

The dryer has only JUST finished as I typed this, so I can finally head to bed after a night of continued food and gluttony. Seriously, my stomach protrudes for the first time in my life. It's freaking hilarious. I mean, i've got like this little pot thing going on in the center instead of a round all over thing (which is the sad norm for me). I shall need to address it this week however with a little stricter calorie control to make up for my indulgences over the weekend.

Fruit of the Moment: Raspberry Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment