Saturday, May 1, 2010

Okay, i'm gonna go cos i'm on the toilet


Today, there was no glorious sleeping in.

There was also pain and discomfort.

I had consumed a large portion of food after 10pm last night, and my stomach, all shriveled and small was rebelling against the strain. Particularly since I had about 400g of dried fruit.

It was nice however to arrange a little bit of order in my life before tralumphing down to Wollongong for the Contemporary Musical Theatre Workshop Performance. Things like washing, ironing, cleaning, etc can all pile up so easily when you don't spend any time at home.

Being responsible with food intake today, Glen called me up at around 20 minutes into my trip down the Gong and asked if I was able to do a Lorenzo's dinner tonight instead of last night. There was much celebration of mind and stomach.

It was arranged post Cabaret to meet at 8:30pm for delicious deliciousness. And it was. It may not have been low calorie, but it was amazing.

The Cabaret went splendidly. I was relieved that there were music stands set up for all the performers, and that safety net was a blessing to an unpolished performance. I managed to put a plug in for LOVESONG before singing Dont Let Me Go from the music Shrek. Everyone loved it. Of course, its such a cool song, its hard not to. Also, I was a little bit smiley after a few more assessments from the audience... :)

But the big surprise of the evening was Adam showcasing a composition of his from a musical he's writing LOST AND FOUND. It was a beautiful ballad. I hear there are many more in the Song cycle. Cant wait to hear them.

Fruit of the Moment: Dessert Lament

No comments:

Post a Comment