Thursday, May 27, 2010

No, thats crushed meringue [ZOMG♥]


The countdown to LOVESONG has clocked over and started to sound alarms at a faster pace than ever before!

Having taken Wednesday "off" of LOVESONG duties, I was once again in full swing today printing canteen price-lists and everything from front of house displays to name tags. Good thing I don't have enough time to bake muffins, otherwise I'd never get any sleep this weekend from all the additional baking I'd be doing for cast and crew.

Today at work was the Cancer Council's BIGGEST morning tea where Australian Idol media darling Rickie Lee hosted a raffle and sausage sizzle in the name of the annual fundraiser. I even won a fabulous orange handbag in the staff raffle! GAZAL raised over $5200 at the event. Go team us!

The prizes kept on coming when Phil the coffee man gave me a free coffee at the event after having been one of three customers who braved the rain to grab their coffee when he made his morning call. The only thing better than a long black is a free long black. Then, to put the cherry on the top, he starts spruiking LOVESONG to all his customers. Hes coming to the show too!

Still having no word from Apple about my broken computer I was told I could "possibly" expect a phone call this evening. Fat chance. Not with the iPad coming out tomorrow. Stupid magic paper.

So I was stuck at work until 8pm typing, emailing, organising, digitally preparing for the performance. I even managed to print a few production shots, which look fabulous. (No bias, of course having taken them myself)

Genevieve had left the keys to the PACT theatre at [secret location] for me to collect. Trouble is, [secret location] was harder to locate than my next clue on the Amazing Race. A few failed phone calls to Genevieve and Tomas later, (who were on their way to DUNGOG) I managed to locate the [secret location] despite having to illegally park in a handicap zone for 10 minutes in the crowded one way streets of [secret location].

Tuneil had been a lifesaver and spent the night searching Lindcraft for Chinese noodle boxes. I had to pick them up along with a few items from Mums [i.e. cordless telephone etc...] when I arrived back in Campbelltown at around 9:30pm. I think I deserved a cookie for my strain. Maybe it was a little indulgent of me.


I am addicted to Coles Sticky Date Cookies. They are deliciously gooey and caramely and awesome. OH! Idea! Sticky Date Cookie cheesecake base!? All my dreams could come true at once! Or cookies crushed up in the cheesecake mixture. Look out, there may be cheesecake about.

I managed to pack for the weekend when finally getting home at like midnight, and boy were there allot of things to fit in my car. I'm concerned now that the lounge won't fit. Gosh, I hope so.

Stay Tuned Kids!

Fruit of the Moment: Hidden Pastry Containers

No comments:

Post a Comment