Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Faculty of Infomatics

The inconvenient sun decided not to wake me up at a respectable hour today and left me sleeping until 11am. Which was inconvenient (of course) because I wanted to be down in Wollongong by this time being busy on my swanky new website.

So instead, I left at 12:30 which was 30 minutes after my mother got up. I felt it was significantly difficult spending time with her this morning, particularly after she had decided to stop talking with me yesterday. We said maybe a few words before I left.

Louis had offered to help set up a new website for me, which included using the less than stressful Wordpress website format. I haven't gotten very far, but it looks as if I can handle most of the tricky bits and pieces by just treading through some how-tos on Google.

Mostly it was cool to hang out with Louis in his swankily wallpapered office. We also took a trip to Wollongong University where he was meeting an client of his. Louis makes iPhone applications. Strange as it was to revisit the university of my youth, I was rewarded with a cookie.

Unfortunately after setting up the initial stages of the website, some kind of internet technical link problems occurred and rendered me without the ability to edit anything. For like 2 days! Also, while figuring this out, a flatmate of Louis' came home and I decided I rather pointlessly fancied him and his american drawl. But seeing as though I spot attractive men whom I consider to be straight on a daily basis, I thought nothing of it.

The weird thing about spending time at the uni was seeing so many young people. They were everywhere being all young in their 18-23 year old age brackets. And by the time I left Gwynneville to head off for dinner at Leila's, I had time to spot spunky men out for their evening runs on every corner. Tens of them all running in their taunting We-Have-Stronger-Knees-Than-You ways. Stupid fit guys and their exercising tauntingness.

Breakfast at Lee and Me tomorrow. Huzzah!

Fruit of the moment: Forgotten Vodka Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment