Saturday, October 23, 2010

I never say no to a banana


Preempting my alarm by 2 minutes this morning was once again an awesome display of skill that nobody saw. I had an hour to get around to Louise's for her garden party. We were to drive upto Tim's Garden Centre at 9am to find all the pretty flowers and trees to plant for today.

Unfortunately when I arrived, not a single mouse was in the house. Save of course, the washing up. So I buried myself in cleaning the dining room and kitchen while I waited for her to come home. Also in setting up all the cupcakes I made, I decided to make additional banana bread with the over ripe bananas from her fruit bowl.

And when the masses arrived for the day of garden labor, I was pretty much done from all the cleaning and cooking and washing etc that I didn't feel like doing much gardening at all. It was just as well too. I am pretty much useless with a shovel.

All day, I marvelled at how may people turned up to turn up the backyard soil.

One low point was director Jay from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels ringing to confirm that I didn't have the part I auditioned for. Which didn't really call for a stop press or anything, but you know. I was asked to be in the ensemble, but am not feeling that anything positive could come of it.

Later, it was great to be rescued by Leila for some coffee and chat before she continued onto the Blue Mountains for the evening.

Later than that, it was great to watch bucket loads of water pour from the sky to cement the gardening.

Later than even that, I found it hilarious that the ratio of straight to gays at my sister's house was 50/50.

Much later than even that, we had Mondos for dinner and didn't get to see Ryan Reynolds in Buried.

And... At-The-End-Of-All-Things, my play was not selected for the Macarthur Playwriting Festival. This is not a good year for theatre. Nor am I going to sleep happy.

Fruit of the Moment: gingersnap crumble gelato

No comments:

Post a Comment