Sunday, October 24, 2010

without attracting unwanted comparisons to lady bits

I called up my decision to not join the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels cast this morning on my way over to Louise's house. Being a little sad about not getting in to either DRS (in the part I auditioned for), or the playwriting festival (or Arcadian's 2011 season, or as a Director at Buck's Rock this year) my sister thought it would be nice day to chill out.

I spent the morning pretty much uselessly watching Tuneil, Brendan and Louise be garderners in the rain while I made myself a cup of tea and watched my mac burn a DVD for dad.

When that had come to a close, Tuneil, my sister and I went to see sexy sexy Ryan Reynolds in Buried. For a film about a guy trapped in a wooden coffin for 90 minutes, it was not only engaging but well shot. The lighting had me marvelling at the DOP's genius. In anycase, it was entertaining enough to warrant a second helping of movie goodness. So, we saw dreamy dreamy Josh Duhamel in Life As We Know It, which stuck pretty much to the formula you would expect from that-kind-of-thing and was better for it. Crying and laughing all the way through was just what the doctor ordered.

The new eating plan looks like it is on the rocks. I made a pizza for dinner tonight because I was craving a piece of carrot cake all day. So it seems I'm not yet eating right for the right reasons. Not that the pizza I made could have been considered unhealthy by a long shot. We'll see how it pans out with a structured five days of Kindergarten ahead of me this week.

Fruit of the Moment: Wet Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment