Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm glad I wore underwear now


The Coast track. Last year around this time(ish) we trekked down the east coast of Australia for 30kms. This year, we did it again. In the rain. And with more people.

My sister and her partner joined forces with his mate Chris and her bestie Diana. Also, even after all the goading and high heel references, Aneesa didn't make the hike. Sean and I both agreed she never would have made it anyway :)

Starting at Bundeena and ending at Otford was our 19 mile walking journey of funness.

This morning, having prepared no clothes for the trip I thought it would be okay to borrow a pair of Glen's shorts and this rain jacket thingy he had. I would have literally been soaked if I didn't. Also, pantless. Also, it was lucky I had a belt because the pants were a little too big.

The journey which was overcast, cold and rainy took a little over 8 hours. Not including driving time of course. I managed to ever scrape out an idea for the Macarthur Playwriting Festival, which I shall be writing soon.

Pity chucking out last night's junk didn't stop Coles from stocking more of the same stuff today tho.

Fruit of the Moment: Tuna by itself

No comments:

Post a Comment