Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hang in there, we'll be with you really soon.


I had a few more pages of work to get through this morning. The play was shaping up nicely and the characters were coming together.

The trouble was I was writing myself into introducing a 6th character on the last page if I continued the trend of the narrative. Luckily, my 3rd grade teacher had in her wisdom invented editing. With some last minute adjustments, I had me a published work. And with no parallels to certain vampire teen dramas I entitled the play "Phawkes" (with an alternate title of "Leila II").

Roomie Rob helped out on facebook chat this morning with the line "I basically know you better than you know yourself". It's always great to speak with my ex Buck's Rock roomie. He's such a shameless flirt that I always feel good about myself while talking to him. In anycase, the line he provided negated the need for a 6th character. So yeah, awesome.

I had been instructed to motivate Mum into clean mode at 10am sharp, when in fact I left to post the play at 10am sharp. Actually, I also had to go into Centrelink to print the darn thing as well. Seeing it jet out of the printer was a satisfying feeling. I had a small twinge of fear handing it over to the post office not 10 minutes later to await it's journey to the judges' table. Mostly because I want it to be selected. Last year, my submission to the same competition wasn't as nerve-wracking for some reason.

The day dissolved quickly from creative tasks to domestic housework. There was dust and grime to be swept, sheets and towels to be washed (OMFG! The towels are still in the washing machine) and floors to be vacuumed. That by the end of it, my legs were telling me I needed sleep.

Not to be outdone, I baked the world's biggest ANZAC cookies (bigger than my fist) and encored preparing pizza for three. There was very little in the house leaning towards the definition of cheese, so I had to make do with 3 slices of Coon, a third of a packet of shaved parmesan and a tiny portion of tasty cheese.

Fruit of the Moment: Hyperbole

No comments:

Post a Comment