Sunday, October 10, 2010

RTFM


Apparently, waking people up at 10:30am on a Sunday constitutes as a sleep-in. This fact, brought to you by the world of Glen Jackson. This was not my most favourable memory of the day, but it paved the way for a whole lot of fun in the sun.

Putting my Monopoly playing urges aside, I insisted that Glen and Leila use the last day of the school holidays to have a beach picnic. Glen chose the picnic location, Leila chose the yoghurt and I chose the car. Several layers of sunscreen later, we were all propped up on a blanket on a secluded Wingdang beach enjoying chicken, bread and (in my case) deep fried potato sticks.

Later, Leila needed to return home in preparation for her sister arriving. This both aggravated Styx the cat (he hissed at their arrival) and prevented people from playing Bananagrams. In the end however, I was running late to drive up to Double Bay to catch up with Gen. So I left.

In equal parts diagnostic and downloading, we exhaled our latest woes about the men or lack of men in our lives. Specifically my problems involved unexplored territory, brought upon through events which have made me reconsider how I feel in regards to things. Which, when diagnosed via Gen, had a logical and simplistic approach to plot the new grounds. I look forward to deciding weather or not her advice was suited.

We watched TRON. Also, her older brother found it necessary to strip to his underwear in front of us while the movie was playing. Which I didn't mind due to the tiny man-slut that lives inside my brain. TRON was great.

Fruit of the Moment: Vicarious Coconut

No comments:

Post a Comment