Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Your smile is captivating

Waking up this morning with my two CODAPANE FORTE tablets made my day super dooper cruisy. I was pain free and a little shy of an aching neck. Also, an evening trip into Nurofen land was also helpful.

What was MOST important is that I could drive again. And to celebrate, I went to see Dr Philip for a follow up from yesterday's trip to the hospital. According to him, this neck muscle spasm thingo happens all the time. Ever twisted the wrong way and had a sore neck for like three-ish days? Well, that's what happened to me. Only it was really painful.

Good news is that this sort of thing, if repeated can be treated instantly with acupuncture. But it was a very good sign that I "recovered" in a day. If by "recovered" you mean being doped out by drugs and passing out in a hospital for three hours, then lets celebrate with a glass of OJ.

I also started a top secret project today. It's pretty top secret in its secrecy. So you're not allowed to know about it and I'm not allowed to tell you about it. But I will say I was advised not to tell you anything about it. So there. Enjoy whatever you got out of that for now.

I also was scheduled to finish my short play to submit to the Macarthur Playwriting Festival. But with all the dramatic doctors visits and secret projects and buying of groceries, I only had time to ALL BUT finish off the script.

It's coming along very nicely. All the characters are exactly where they need to be. Which actually worked out better than I had anticipated. I've got about 2 pages more to write and then I've got editing to iron out all the kinks. Should be fun for tomorrow.

Also, I'm starting to think about life and what it means. Why I hate Sydney and still live here. Why I never stand still for two seconds. Am I trying to subconsciously avoid growing up? Gee, I hope not. I need to start accepting responsibility in order to find a full time job, and a kitchen with my name engraved on its stone bench top.

Fruit of the Moment: Diggers

2 comments:

  1. Engraved bench top is a bad idea. Food scraps will just get stuck in it. Who wants "kenney" written on their kitchen bench top in mould?

    No-one. Thats who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point taken. I'll put that idea on the back-burner along with my building-a-house-around-a-tree idea.

    ReplyDelete