Friday, October 22, 2010

You throw like a woman on drugs

So I have another day teaching the same charming class at Ruse. Only this time there's grade sport involved and I am thrusted into taking the senior cricket team. Talk about clueless.

I have no idea how or why people play cricket. And here I was spending an hour with foul mouthed 11 year olds, all competing to be the next batter.

Eventually, when the "bowling practice" got lame after 25 minutes, they begged for a game. I was petrified. How was I to settle anything if I had no clue how things worked? Lucky, I cooly collected my thoughts and said the game would run on one condition; that the team captain would be the umpire. Genius.

After school, it pours down in buckets. And I visit Centrelink for the fortnightly reporting thingy.

After Centrelink, came baking cupcakes. I made 24 of the little buggers and they took me the better part of 4 hours. Bake, wash, dry, ice, whip, chop, bake, mix, clean, wipe, wash, repeat... Urgh. You know life is pretty shitty when friday nights are spent baking cupcakes and you're in bed by 9pm.

Fruit of the Moment: Invitation insincere

No comments:

Post a Comment