Friday, November 5, 2010

exile in the bathroom

Feeling cheated out of sleep by my 5:30am alarm, I drove back to Campbelltown from Wollongong, narrowly missing Dad as he drove out of the driveway on his way to work. Quickly getting ready, I had RFF to attend to at the local primary school.

What seriously sucks about casual teaching is being given an assignment like Relief from Face-to-Face teaching (where you have a new class every 40 minutes) but arriving and being told you have the IO (Intellectually Moderate) class instead. I mean, its really annoying. Especially when all your gear for that type of class is at home and you've brought a truck of RFF gear along. Same goes for being given Kindy on the day when you were originally told year 6 over the phone the night before. Also, RFF is my favourite type of casual day.

Oh well, the class was only a little bit shitty. And mainly because I had to do a whole day without stencils. Even then I wasn't fussed by the shittyness.

At one point I overheard one of the boys turn to his mate and loudly whisper "*lol* our teacher's gay!" And it was funny, because it was the only thing he got right all day. It was especially hilarious and ironic however, that he was using the word gay in its negative connotation and not in the context of "By gosh! I recognise that adult as being homosexual".

Tonight, I saw A Dream Play with the final year UOW acting students performing at the PACT theatre (which if blog buddies may remember, was the venue for Lovesong).

Now let me get this out of the way first. It was severely fucked up. Like I mean totally screwed and weird and nonsensical but AWESOME. Also, everyone stripped down to their skimpy black underwear. Thats like 12ish super fit final year acting uni students parading around in the nudie. Kinda cool. Afterwards however, I was told that in comparison the "partial nudity" was tame for a UOW production. Well, shit.

Fruit of the Moment: Tub-would-melt-on-the-way

No comments:

Post a Comment