Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I think that's Horton's line


Today I designed. And waited in line for Centrelink's paycheque. Well, by waited in line I really mean 'lodged over the internet' but petato/petarto.

Above is an image I did for this chap. He's got a great sense of humour including the cheeky use of the Disneyland-eqsue font for the PIRATE title as a nod to Caribbean.

I also did some work on a cheerleading logo, which I shall endeavour to complete tomorrow.

Tonight was the first Seussical The Musical rehearsal. I was uber excited. Needless to say, I went straight into I-wouldn't-do-that-as-a-director critique mode in the first five minutes of the read through. When I realised what I was doing, I backed off and gave that snobbish behaviour of mine a speaking to. It should not be a problem. As a director, it's so difficult trying to deal with actors who want to oppose what you think is best. I feel I owe it to any director's artistic integrity to seldom disagree with their direction unless I strongly oppose it.

Until of course that time in say, 4 months time when the "traditional" small group of cast members start quietly bitching about how the whole thing's gone to the dogs. I shall endeavour not to join in on the negativity.

Fruit of the Moment: BP snack

No comments:

Post a Comment