Monday, November 22, 2010

They never hired me. Took it as a compliment.

Louise woke me this morning. Via mobile. I feel a trend of family members in a bidding war to keep me from rest. I place bets on Mum tomorrow being the lucky recipient of Mr Grump.

So, heres the thing. I applied for ten whole jobs today. It was a whole lotta jobs. Also, I finished work on a panorama for Leila.

Amongst the job selection was a position at the ABC, which sounded pretty awesome.

I guess I was so motivated to plod forward today after having read the most amazing play last night before bed. John Logan wrote the 2010 Tony award winning Best Play 'RED'. And I read it. Now I want to do it. So I applied to the NEWTOWN THEATRE while watching Stanley Kubrick's THE SHINING.

RED takes the idea of Art; its process and its labour and lays the artist's soul bare for the audience to scrutinise. His actions, his motivations, his faults and his accomplishments. And through it all, you see beauty in simplicity and consideration. Such a powerful read.

This evening was the second rehearsal for Seussical. It was pretty much an extension of rehearsal one, but we actually completed work on OH THE THINGS YOU CAN THINK. I suck real hard at all the difficult harmonies. But I feel I have around 30% of the song down.

We were dismissed early again, and I wondered why I drove in for an 80 minute rehearsal.

Fruit of the Moment: Gingerbread drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment