Tuesday, November 2, 2010

its kenney fucking ogilvie

The rain bucketed down, insisting that the world be wetted. Cold, the wind blew a gale as I drove dad to the station this morning. I thought of reasons why to stay away when I got home at 7am, but I just lay in bed waiting for the phone to ring.

I dreamed of the Slender Man. Watching me at night from his post just outside the property fence. He was silhouetted against the red/black night sky along with the blackened spindles of trees twisting together. Waiting for me to think of him. Waiting to take me.

The day was frightfully dull after that. I applied for the remaining jobs on offer and found not many more, but applied for them as well. Busying myself with a vector based project, I worked for hours re-creating an old logo from a [CENSORED]. It turned out pretty darn awesome. I was very happy with it.

This afternoon, I cried my way through Up again. There's something so beautifully poetic about the film. A heightened romantic notion buried in overwhelming sentiment and set to a ripper of a score.

The nation may have stopped for the Melbourne Cup today, but I was too busy re-constucting my art project to notice.

Fruit of the Moment: Use By May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment