Saturday, November 13, 2010

Heard you can't climb or get it up

I've been having trouble resting, recently. Same goes for last night. I woke up tired but couldn't get back to sleep. And I was going to have breakfast at Lee and Me with Gen and Leila at around 11ish, so there was a long wait to eat.

But once there, it was a nice droll of a day. It was distracting in anycase from how upset I was yesterday and how not-willing I am in dealing with it today.

Gen is moving to Canberra. Did you know? I didn't.

We had a roving tour of woman's intimates in Wollongong, hoping to catch glimpses of work I had done while at GAZAL. We mostly found all my basic spot and stripe patterns. And mostly in Trade Secret.

What really got my goat was seeing work I had laboured months over cast away in favour of different designs. People wouldn't think a lot of design goes into a single garment, but when you think about it, everything from care labels to coat hangers are also talked about, designed, criticised, re-designed, cast away, and restarted several times. It was just frustrating to see how shit my work actually looked on the shelf when I knew it would look shit when made with shitty, cheap materials. Or worse, having it all replaced with hideous artwork. And it's frustrating because I tried to design with the end product in mind but was shot for it.

Tonight I started the West Wing with pizza. One disc down. Seven seasons to go.

Fruit of the Moment: petrol reneging

1 comment:

  1. Petrol Reneging!?!?!

    That was before I realised how much it cost to feed a young man of your age. Forcing me to spend TEN WHOLE DOLLARS on butter. Glen now understands that it was YOU who forced me to buy it. And the organic milk! and all that cheese. As if anyone but you wanted buffallo mozzarella.
    P.S Dress didnt fit. Am an elephant being eaten by a whale. :(

    ReplyDelete