Tuesday, November 23, 2010

slight romantic interests

Leila wakes me up via text message at early hour not to be mentioned here. Then she wakes Mum up when she calls the house phone after lunch. And its sharp, shrill siren song pierces the empty house and reverberates off the cold stone floors like a dump tuck exploding in a hailstorm.

Pretty soon after, i'm agitated by the call and the lack of conversation. So i'm taking it out on my mother by being moody and precious when she fetches an extension chord I say I don't want. Pretty soon we're raising voices and i'm running around cleaning up the house. We have a blue. And the same arguments we always stand for, stand up. And I'm done. So we go out for coffee. And just like that we are different people who really can't live together anymore but love each other just the same.

Later, having a rare night with Dad, Mum and I all under one roof for the evening, we eat salad at the table like some Leave It To Beaver tribute.

Fruit of the Moment: Caramel Banana Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment