Wednesday, July 7, 2010

D&D tonite after put to bed?

Today I had no chance of survival. With the 100 degree fahrenheit heat and the Pub shop computers and the lack of sleep thanks to an over-enthusiastic game of CATAN and all the potatoes I ate, it was no wonder that bed time for me was 5:30pm.

The Pub garden played host to the 2nd Yearbook meeting of 2010. The 2nd meeting for those of us playing at home is the big theme decider. I went into the meeting with one theme and came out supporting another. Its not often that my mind can be swayed, but somehow it was achieved.

Originally, I was after a Heros & Villains / Comic Book theme. It would have been super happy fun easy to get campers involved in layout with little chance of it turning into an epic battle of difficultness. I'm all about continuity and flow. If pages don't connect for me, it's something I lose sleep over. In anycase, comic book would have both been easy to represent on the page and print on the offset presses we have.

Bob was the catalyst of change in this instance. He suggested Garden as the theme. Carson and Kenny Murphy have been re-landscaping the pub garden and Bob thought it could be a good tribute to its opening. Garden instantly opened up a world of enthusiasm. Paradise; the original Eden; Buck's Rock. Campers as seeds, waiting to grow. Thorns and weeds and twisted vines.

Im quite excited about the theme. Although upon reflection it may turn into a hideous mish mesh of non sequitur connecting pages if i'm not careful about monitoring the document.

I had planned to stop eating like a 12 year old on Monday, but as it turns out I will give it my best shot tomorrow. After skipping my first Buck's Rock meal of the summer tonight. Sleep will be welcomed. Very much so.

Fruit of the Moment: 6 month anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment