Sunday, July 18, 2010

Who the FUCK put the Backboard in the scrapheap?


So, not much sleep was had this morning.

I did however manage to stick to my regular routine of 7am shower and heading for 8am breakfast by 7:25.

It was a ferocious day in Pub. There was so much last minute work to do it was like chaos on steroids. And most of it was magnified because the printer was slow, our printer Ian kept asking for plates and our Junior Councilor Leslie couldn't keep up with the new and excitingly boring world of plating. Its the small things that only come with plenty of experience of plating that got her stumped. It was a shame because everyone else in Pub had an awesome outside-board-game afternoon. I didn't mind staying inside the shop working in sweltering heat. I feel on reflection however I should have sent Leslie outside to join in.

Today was also a day of Cameron McFee! Astonishingly I got to hold a few conversations with the most awesome man at Buck's Rock. This, I assure you is usually the most difficult thing to accomplish. As head of Set shop, Cam never sleeps and never stops working. Its almost a miracle he never collapses. Especially when his set crew keep dropping off one by one like flies. When I feel like I'm overworked, I generally think of how hard Mcfee has it.

I sucked hard at clown impro night. Nothing was coming to mind. I kept drawing blanks when it came around to my turn, it was most likely the lack of sleep and being zoned out for the whole day.

I also betrayed an amazing actress when I saw her star as Rosencrantz (or was that Guildenstern?) In the very slick production of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. The performance was inside the Actor's Studio, and boy did it get hot in there.

When at around 10pm I started to feel like I couldn't stay awake at the wheel, I suddenly felt overly stupid for choosing the front row. A very unfortunate result of which is now Zoe is never speaking to me again. She was amazing. I just was so exhausted and with the heat? I'm so embarrassed for doing what appeared to be the nodding-off-dance-of-boredom its not even funny. I just don't know what to do.

As a side note, I must have been in a funny mood yesterday. I have resolved not to ask straight members of staff out on a date for reasons of sanity.

Fruit of the Moment: Rudely Opened Graham Crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment