Saturday, July 17, 2010

You don’t know how nuts until it’s too late


Its my day off. So, logically I stayed on campus to participate in the following super fun activities:

a) Finally cracking, I stopped the insanity that was my vegan/raw diet. By eating the muffin. And the poptarts and the cookie. I love non-raw food and plan to indulge in more.
b) I furthermore created over 80 posters for the set of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.
c) Also, with some spare hours I completed my print exchange. Each year, you sign up to make 50 prints of the same artwork and swap them around in a group so that you get 50 unique artworks on a theme. It’s kinda neat. My example is above.

The heat today sucked a little and by the end of the day people were still surprised I hadn’t left camp on my day off. But here’s how I see it:

  • I haven’t got a car, so I cant drive anywhere of use.
  • New Milford is pretty dull and once you do a day of New Milford, you’ve pretty much seen everything.
  • I can’t walk into town for a movie because I’ve seen them all. So, there’s no real point.

Kenny and Carson got Photo Rebecca and I to go with them to SALSA this evening instead of JEWISH THANKSGIVING dinner. Every friday night is Jewish Thanksgiving. There's turkey and cranberry sauce and meh-ness. Unfortunately, the amazing Mexican restaurant in town was booked out. So, Royal Buffet it was. Especially when Kenny got really excited about Scorpion Bowls.

A Scorpion Bowl turned out to be a cocktail the size of a large watermellon, with a volcano in the middle on fire. Everyone decided to have their own flaming volcano. Hence, I had my first experience of driving on American Roads on the way home. This epic event coincided with my first ever experience driving a van. So it was kinda crazy. Driving a massive vehicle on the wrong side of the road with the break and go faster pedals switched over. It took me a while to adjust.

Tonight we had to suffer through a staff meeting. It was then I realized why everyone was so keen to get wasted beforehand.

Also, I’m thinking of asking a staff member out on a date. You know, because I like making a fool of myself. I was thinking coffee.

Fruit of the Moment: Bananas in Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment