Saturday, July 3, 2010

I feel like I was better at this with smaller hands


Last night I fell into the gravitational pull of a Clown party vortex.

I understood the fact they were speaking English for most of the time, however it was fascinating to observe such a unique vernacular. It was a blend of old scripts, stand up routines, in jokes and returning staff general knowledge.

After another 3am night out, I couldn't stomach a 6am run. So, I made my way to Publications for the first Pub Breakfast of 2010. I have been waiting for Bob's famous waffles all year long. And it was certainly worth the wait. We also had this amazing sugar encrusted whipped cream, blueberries and irish butter toast.

I had several Theatre assistant directors come to Pub today to organise their programs. It was an onslaught and due to the lack of internet all day. One such new program was for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead. The director wanted a coin on the edge about to fall with a hand coming to smash it. Above is the draft I'm working with. I started working with a digital manipulation of a coin from Google, when one of my many trips top the bathroom today from far too much coffee inspired me to visit the metals shop and make my own coin from scratch. Poorly I might add. I kept breaking the saw blades I used to cut the coper into the circular shape you see above. I even hammered all the individual letters too. After a few photographs of the coin wedged into the wooden floor boards of pub; voila.

Once again, much food was consumed but its just a simple fact of camp. Unavoidable. Like my expanding waist.

Fruit of the Moment: Seeded Risotto Rissoles

No comments:

Post a Comment